Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Honoring Mother's Day

Why is there a Mother's Day?
To me there is a Mother's Day to honor the women in our lives. We honor our Mother's, our Sister's, our Grandmother's, our Daughter's, and our friend's. Mother's Day is a day of celebration....for most. Mother's Day this year is going to be tough for my Sister's as our biological mother passed away in September. Sandy did not lead a life that most would enjoy but she is their Mother non the least. She is all they had, she was challenging and difficult, but she was their mother!

Unfortunately Sandy died with Stage 4 Metastatic Breast Cancer. This is not something I ever thought that I would have in my family! I have had the unfortunate opportunity to know many women with whom I have admired and looked up to effected by Breast Cancer. For this reason I have opted to challenge myself and participate in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure in July. I have chosen to walk 60 miles in 3 days -- this will definitely be a huge physical and emotional challenge for me! But in order to successfully complete this challenge I need to help of all of my friends and family! I need to raise $2300 for the Komen foundation -- I am currently at $340 so I only have $1970 to go.

So in May, we honor all of the women in our lives - mothers, sisters, daughters, friends - by helping to build a world without breast cancer. Please consider donating in honor of a woman who is important to you. Please help me so we won't have to sit back while breast cancer robs another grandmother of the chance to see her grandchildren grow up, or prevents best friends from growing old together. I am walking because I believe that everyone deserves a lifetime.

Help me reach my goal for the Susan G. Komen Boston 3-Day for the Cure!

No comments: