Saturday, September 19, 2009

A Month of Ups and Downs and Downs and Ups...

Where to start....

It has definitely been a long trying couple of weeks! First off I went back to school last week.... where did the summer go? I feel like I just took my final yesterday and now I am back..... AAARRRGGGG. Oh well, I have to just remember that I graduate in May. If I can keep that in mind I know I will get through these next couple of semesters!

I am still working 24 hours a week at the hospital on top of school and that can get a little taxing.... I don't feel like I get a break after school all week and work all weekend, but it will pay off in the end, right?

On a happier note my brother got married a few weeks ago! It was surreal to see my little Ricky marrying the love of his life! Julia is great! I also had the privilege of being able to take the photos for the wedding. I think most of them came out great, I hope they liked them?!?!?

Unfortunately the happy times ended last Friday when I got a call to tell me that my biological mother, Sandy, had passed away. Over the years I had wondered if she was alive or if she did pass if anyone would tell me and how I would even feel about it....well all that wondering came to a close on Friday night. An in all honesty, I was really upset on Saturday and I couldn't really figure out why. But the more I thought about it I think I figured out why I was so sad... I was sad about the things Sandy missed out on. She never met my kids, she never had the honor of knowing them and knowing the joy they bring into the lives of others. She will never see my sisters get married and have children...for those things I am sad. "Mothering" was not something that Sandy was good at and unfortunately she underestimated the talents that she was blessed with so for that I know she is in a better place.

Sandy's passing did allow for the Sine family to be able to all get together, which hasn't happening in about 12 years!! And although it was a sad time it was a great time. As a family we were able to lean on each other and remember the good times and have some laughs and enjoy each other's company. I would hope that that would be something that Sandy would have wanted!

And lastly I accomplished a goal for the year today. This morning Jesse and I packed up our things and headed into Salem for the SalemFest 5K. At the beginning of the year I decided that I wanted to run in a 5K and I thought that I would run in one in June, but that didn't happen....so when this one came up I decided to go for it! I had a couple goals going into this race... 1) Finish the race and 2) complete the race in under 45 minutes. So I did finish the race (and I wasn't last) and I did it in 38:00 minutes!! And it was SO much fun!! Jesse ran next to me the entire time, which was awesome -- even though I think he probably could have run laps around me! We had so much fun that we have decided to do more races and we are even thinking about possibly training to run a half marathon next year!

After all of the stress and sadness of the past week it was definitely nice to be able to end on a good note and I definitely needed the race to blow off some stress. The race also renewed my fitness spirit that I had lost track of over the summer. I need to work on doing more things for me and I think running on a regular basis will help my mental health in the long run!!

2 comments:

calibosmom said...

I think your attitude is amazing and your outlook inspiring! The things you have accomplished and are going to accomplish are truly incredible. Oh, and you look terrific!!! I miss you.

Anonymous said...

I'm constantly in awe of you. You are one of the most amazing women I know. What an emotional month. I'm sorry for the things you've had to deal with in your young life. Seems that you always survive and come out better for it. I love you and I admire you.
~amye