Monday, March 31, 2008

It's Been a Hard Week

It has definetly been a rough week for me, especially after having such a good week the week before. Friday was by far the hardest day of the week. First of all it snowed! And I am not taking just a flurry -- we got about 4-6 inches!! So that alone was not a good day to start the day. Second we had to drive Cora to Bedford for her EEG and Nuerologist appointment. To say that her EEG was the most horrific thing I have had to do to a child is an understatement!! It was bad, really bad.... We had to velcro her to the table and them I had to hold her head so that they could measure and place all of the electrodes -- mind you she was totally freaking out during the whole thing! Apparently she could be heard in the waiting room on the other side of the building!! Even just thinking about it is upsetting me four days later.... Eventually they were able to run the test, which came back normal. But when we met with the Nuerologist and chatted about some of our concerns, the schools concerns, and then putting the seizures in the mix, he is going to give her a provisional Autism diagnosis.
So my question is when do I catch a break? I mean isn't one child with Autism enough for one family to deal with? Why do I have two? So as you can see I still haven't over come my why me stage... I'm working on it, really I am. I know in my head that Heaven;y Father wouldn't give me more than I can handle and that all trials are great blessings in the end....but my heart hasn't accepted that yet! It took me a little while to accept it with Aidan also, so I know I will get there! I guess it is hard for every parent when they find out that something is wrong with their child. Who knows, maybe that is why I was prompted to go back to school and become a nurse -- maybe my education will help me to better care for my children as they age?!?
It's just tough! But we are strong and I know in myheart that we will get through it and we will come out stronger in the end from it!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you are so unbelievably strong. You are my hero. I'm glad you're here writing it all down!

love,
Britt

Amy.Edwards said...

ditto. you are definitely one of the strongest women I know. I'm not sure how you do it all but I'm always amazed at how you handle adversity. You are great example to so many. Keep writing.
A.

calibosmom said...

Yeah! I am so glad you are blogging! Solomon had the same test as Cora-he looked like a science experiment. He was a baby though and slept through most of it. I didn't realize she was having seizures. You are an amazing person! I am glad you are writing this down. You are surrounded by friends that care about you and are lookin' out for you. I think its time for a GNO!!!